100 Alabama Ave. NW.
Fort Payne, AL 35967
Phone: (256) 845-6728
Fax: (256) 844-6081
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM
Municipal Court is held in the City Hall Court Room on Mondays starting at 4 PM
Denise McAbee, Donna Roberts/Chief Magistrate & Robin Woodall
The Fort Payne Municipal Court is the Judicial Branch of the governing body of the City of Fort Payne. The Court is part of the Alabama Unified Judicial System . The Municipal Court handles all traffic citations, municipal ordinance violations, parking violations, and misdemeanor criminal arrests initiated by the Fort Payne Police Department. Court is held in the City Hall Court Room on Mondays starting at 4pm.
Got a Citation?
You may now pay your traffic tickets online using a credit or debit card:
or call: 1-800-701-8560
MAGISTRATE FINE SCHEDULE IF DEFENDANT ELECTS TO PLEA GUILTY
Please read ALL instructions carefully
1. Obtain certified or cashier’s check, money order or cash (NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED.)
2. DEFENDANT MUST APPEAR IN PERSON before the magistrate if not paying by mail. (No other individual will be allowed to pay fine.)
3. Make payable to Municipal Court of Fort Payne, 100 Alabama Avenue NW, (2nd Floor) Fort Payne, Alabama 35967-1611.
4. Tickets can be paid in person Monday – Friday, NO EARLIER THAN 48 HOURS AFTER RECEIVING TICKET and NO LATER THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE COURT DATE SHOWN ON THE TICKET. Hours 8:00 – 4:00.
5. When mailing payment by mail the defendant MUST sign the guilty plea and waiver on the ticket and mail along with the payment.
6. Defendant should consider any possible risks of delay or loss resulting from mailing and MUST BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PAYMENTS REACHING THE CLERKS OFFICE BY THE COURT DATE SHOWN ON THE TICKET.
7. IF YOUR ADDRESS IS INCORRECT ON TICKET, PLEASE NOTIFY COURT.
If you wish to enter a plea of not guilty and ask for a trial, you may do so by coming to court on the date set on your ticket.
If payment has not been received by the court date and defendant does not appear on that date, the following penalties have been prescribed:
A. The court shall issue a supplemental summons or warrant and forfeit bail according to law.
B. Department of Public Safety may revoke driver’s license.
C. ADDITIONAL FINE WILL BE IMPOSED FOR FAILURE TO APPEAR ON CHARGE.
Court has option to require defendant to appear in court if believed to be repeat offender.
ALL OTHER CASES REQUIRE APPEARANCE BEFORE THE COURT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL FORT PAYNE MUNICIPAL COURT (256) 845-6728. FINE AND COST SCHEDULE CHANGE EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2009.
If you are handicapped and need assistance please contact us before court.